What's new

Welcome to Free download educational resource and Apps from TUTBB

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Film Scoring - Part 1 - Techniques For The Modern Composer

TUTBB

Reaction score
966a59f9478de8062c3614079f965de9.jpeg

Last updated 4/2022
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 745.28 MB | Duration: 4h 6m
Master the Art of Composing For Film and Learn To Find Gigs Doing It​

Master the Art of Composing For Film and Learn To Find Gigs Doing It
What you'll learn
Get started building a portfolio of work to show their film composition talents
Score a feature film using a variety of techniques
Understand the process of writing music for film
Write and Compose music using proven techniques and tips
Create their own music using software, or good old pencil and paper.
Generate musical ideas through creativity exercises
Tools of the trade: Software
How do you start?
The process
Program music and metaphors
Character sketches
Writing through canon
Score and Source
Working with silent films
Setting up a session
Marking hits
Scoring the opening credits
Working with rhythm in cues
Finding and analyzing POV scenes
Creating atmosphere
Harmonizing string melodies
Polyrhythmic accompaniment
Working with string orchestra
The chase scene
Using the brass section
Building tension
Requirements
Students should be enthusiastic about music, but do not need to be producers or musicians. No prior experience is needed in the music industry, business, financing, or accounting.
Description
** UDEMY BESTSELLER ** 100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor. Welcome to the COMPLETE Music COMPOSITION AND FILM SCORING Guide!This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to take their music career (or music interest) and develop it into something more. Whether you are an active musician or an aspiring musician, this class is perfect for you.In this course, we will learn the essential techniques used in writing music for the film. Through a series of analysis' of well-known film scenes from your favorite movies we will learn what makes a great cue, and then apply those techniques by writing our own. I'll be showing you some of my own projects for film and television throughout the class, and walk you through my process when composing music for a film project.By the end of this course, students will understand the tools, lingo, and techniques used in the film composing world and will be ready to dive into their own projects. I'll walk you through how to get started on your first project by using freely available movies that need a score. Throughout my career, I've worked with major American orchestras, film studios, and video game designers. I'm also a Ph.D. in music composition and a university professor (of music composition). Recently I was named as a semi-finalist for the Grammy Foundation's Music Educator of the Year award because of my in-person university classes. Now I'm taking those classes to Udemy in an online format in order to reach more students and give them the joy of Music Theory.I'm planning on making several "sections" of this class, and this is Part 1. As the class grows, we will go deeper and deeper into my techniques. In this class, we will cover:Tools of the tradeFinding the emotional responseMusic Theory and GenreUsing Modes in Film ScoresFinding the MessageLearning from Temp Cues"Spotting" the filmWorking with industry budgetsDiegetic music and non-diegetic musicScore and SourceThe OstinatoWorking with silent filmsSetting up a sessionMarking hitsScoring the opening creditsMotive and LeitmotifWorking with LeitmotifsWorking with the rhythm in cuesPOVFinding and analyzing POV scenesComposing using POVAnd much, much, more! And of course, once you sign up for this class, all my other classes are yours at steep discounts! Over half off for all future sections!The course is a roadmap to launching your career as a composer!All the tools you need to prepare, organize and start your career are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences - not just academic theory.Please click the "Take This Course" button so you can launch your music career today.** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music business course available ANYWHERE on the market - or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.--------------------------------------------------------------------- Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:⇢ "It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows complex concepts to get absorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier." - M. Shah⇢ "Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts... It's the best investment in leveling up my skills so far.." - Z. Palce⇢ "Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed." - A. Tóth⇢ "VERY COOL. I've waited for years to see a good video course, now I don't have to wait anymore. Thank You!" - Jeffrey Koury⇢ "I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!" - A. Deichsel⇢ "The basics explained very clearly - loads of really useful tips!" - J. Pook⇢ "Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!" M. Smith----------------------------------------------------------------------------Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts for all future classes in the series.
Overview
Section 1: Welcome & Overview
Lecture 1 Introduction
Lecture 2 Asking Questions
Lecture 3 Tools of the Trade, and a Look at One of My Projects
Lecture 4 Update! MuseScore 3.0
Lecture 5 What I've Found in Other Film Scoring Classes
Lecture 6 A Note About Examples in This Class
Section 2: Emotion and Music Theory
Lecture 7 Finding the Right Emotional Response
Lecture 8 Music Theory and Genre
Lecture 9 Using Modes in Film Music
Lecture 10 Finding the Message of the Film
Lecture 11 Threnody for the Care Bears
Section 3: The Process
Lecture 12 Learning From Temp Cues
Lecture 13 Spotting the Film
Lecture 14 Budgets
Section 4: Diegetic Music and Non Diegetic Music
Lecture 15 Diegetic and Non Diegetic Music
Lecture 16 Score and Source Example: JAWS (1975)
Lecture 17 Source Music Elements
Lecture 18 When the Score and Source Collide
Lecture 19 Analysis: Battlestar Galactica
Section 5: The Ostinato
Lecture 20 Analysis: Captain America
Lecture 21 Analysis: Requiem for a Dream
Lecture 22 The Ostinato
Lecture 23 Working with Silent Films
Lecture 24 Setting Up a Session
Lecture 25 Composing with Ostinatos
Lecture 26 Building on Ostinatos with More Elements
Lecture 27 Marking Hits
Lecture 28 Finishing Up Our Intro
Lecture 29 A Quick Analysis So Far
Lecture 30

MuseScore (Notation) File
Lecture 31 Working with Notation
Section 6: Motive and Leitmotif
Lecture 32 Motive and Lietmotif
Lecture 33 Analysis: Star Wars
Lecture 34 The Opera Connection
Lecture 35 Locating Lietmotifs
Lecture 36 Composing Lietmotifs
Lecture 37 Adding Rhythm
Lecture 38 Our Long Cue So Far
Section 7: Point of View (POV)
Lecture 39 What is POV?
Lecture 40 Finding and Analyzing POV Scenes
Lecture 41 Scoring a POV Scene
Lecture 42 Analysis of our POV Scene
Section 8: Wrap Up
Lecture 43 Split in 2
Lecture 44 Coming in Part 2!
Lecture 45 Thanks for Watching!
Lecture 46 Bonus Lecture: Discount Offers & Mailing List
Anyone in any country who is ready to start their professional music career by learning everything they need to know about how music composition works and the film scoring industry.

Recommend Download Link Hight Speed | Please Say Thanks Keep Topic Live

Top Bottom